Just registered, Lazer Z owner model # LZ27KC724

blaylockvol

Forum Newbie
Threads
My mower is almost 20 years old and had to replace/repair the right side pump/motor and the ignition switch, brought it home and mowed a couple hrs. The 20 amp fuse blowed. I looked at my wiring diagram, there are 2 twenty amp fuses under the mower seat, the bad fuse was connected to 2 red wires, one going to the ignition switch and the other to starter solenoid. Took it to the shop, the mechanic said I had a couple of loose wires, I took it home and mowed all day no problems. The next day I got on it and when I engaged the pto, the mower died. Checked the fuse, it was blown. Replaced the fuse, the mower started right up, went to engaged, the mower died. I have read the comments below on the thread about the blown 15 amp fuse. Does anyone have. any thoughts on what is. causing the same fuse to blow? Bill

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If it is blowning when you engage the PTO electric clutch then the clutch can be partially shorted. I have seen partially shorted electric clutch to pull up to 20 amps and still engage until they blow the fuse.