Jungle Jim mower jack

Corey D

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has anyone used this jack? I’m considering purchasing it to lift the mower for blade service and cleaning. I have the 42” 75742 with the stamped deck. The jack lifts by the mower deck. Is lifting via the deck an issue?

a022mil

Threads
I would also like answer’s on this, I might also be doing this.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Never a good idea to lift the mower by the deck.
Some of the better brands like Kubota have stops that fit between the deck & body but most don't so belts & pulleys foul on the mower underside
A pair of cheap 1/2 ton round slings and pulley is all you need
A cheap engine hoist will also work well and it can also be used to lift things around the house .
I use a yard crane with pallet sized straddle legs
The landlord bought a cheap used electric pallet stacker
I always look at mower lifts and instantly think about solutions to problems that don't exist which sell well because people are too lazy to think
Sort of like having a rice cooker, spagetti cooker & slow cooker

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
As said especially stamped steel decks should not used to lift mowers. One that cradle the front wheels is a lot better. Like this one.
1661911933233.png
or this one
1661911974486.png
I use the second one here but I have remove the ATV H frame as it got in the way of decks. ANd some Cub Cadets require me to use long 2x10's under the saddles so the decks can clear the stabilizer foot. Both have safety locks the prevent accidental lowering of the jack while you are under the mower.

Threads
I use the first one on my Craftsman tractor and my Toro zero turn. I stick metal pins through the holes in case the hydraulics lets out. I also place jack stands under it.

OldDiyer

Threads
I have this Craftsman lift for my tractor and has worked very well for me. I purchased this shortly after the tractor. It will lift front or rear and lifts from front bumper or a lifting bar attached to the rear PindelLift.jpg mount

bkeller500

Threads
I would fear that lifting a Zero Turn or a Tractor via the deck would risk twisting or bending the deck each time so leveling the deck would be a ongoing concern. There are plenty of $200-$300 options available that would lift the front of the units such as harbor Freight or Mo Jack. Even a tailer jack like Haul Master can be modified to work quite easily. As noted above, using a jack stand to secure the unit is recommended for protection. Personally I would not skimp on a jack to save money. The crush risk is too great. And to repeat.......Never lift by the deck.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have the cheaper HF lift. It won't lift most zero turns or larger lawn tractors. I quit using it when i nearly had it collapse on me with a mower on it. I have this one now.
Haven't found a Z it can't lifft and it will lift the front of a JD X729 with the deck and that is an 1100 pound tractor. Unless someone has a lighter weight mower i would not recommend the cheap HF lift.

Corey D

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for the feedback guys. I figured it was a bad idea. I’ve decided to rig a hoist from the garage ceiling. I did this with my snow machine back in Alaska. Don’t know why I didn’t think of that in the first place.

4getgto

Threads
Is this the one being talked about ? ? ?
Screenshot_20220916-153333.png

Not seeing where its lifting by the deck.
It is a expensive little devil though...