Jonsered BV 2126 leaf blower

Jermey

Forum Newbie
Threads
I’ve replaced the carburetor all filters, plug, spark screen put in new gas in it and it still won’t start. I’m at a loss here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Last edited:

zrxkawboy

Threads
Sorry, I'm not familiar with this brand, so this is just a general statement. Some blowers and trimmers are quite fussy with the starting procedure used. Is there by chance a label on it with specific starting instructions?

Jermey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry, I'm not familiar with this brand, so this is just a general statement. Some blowers and trimmers are quite fussy with the starting procedure used. Is there by chance a label on it with specific starting instructions?

I’m not sure. But I will definitely check. The blower was given to me by my neighbor who got tired of messing with it. I like messing with stuff so I accepted the task. Lol. I think I lost this battle.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
And messing with stuff is exactly what you are doing .
If it has a spark at the right time , a combustable air:fuel mix at the right compression then it will fire if not run .
So you start with the easy things to check
Pull off the muffler and have a look at the exhaust port for obstructions & the bore for gouging .
Remove the carburettor, but leave the fuel lines attached, turn it sideways and blow air through it check for a a stream of fuel mist coming out
Do a compression test, ideally a small 2 stroke should go around 100 psi.
Unless you have very special small engine tester , the exact number will not be important because it will not be accurate but around 100 should run
Sub 100 and you are in worry territory and the further away the less chance it will work .
To play with these engines, a pressure & vacuum gauge is essential in fact it is the most essential tool .

For the lay person, a spark tester ( the red globe ones ) and a can of aerostart is the best you can do .
If it will not fire with a VERY SHORT shot of aerostart down the plug hole and a flash from the spark tester then it is essentially scrap metal

zrxkawboy

Threads
I didn't dig too deep, but this looks like a good place to start:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bert is right. 2 strokes do need special tools to service and diagnose them properly. The biggest difference between 2 and 4 stroke engines is that 2 strokes depend on what is called primary compression and secondary compression. Primary compression is when piston moves down and creates compression in the crankcase and when the ports open that compression pushes the fuel air mixture into the cylinder and then the piston rises and creates secondary compression. The average Joe does not have the tools to test this but here is a way to test with out special tools. First, check for spark. Get a NEW spark plug and install it. Next remove the muffler and look at the piston for scoring or stuck rings. If you see any probably not worth repairing. Whenever a 2 stroke is run lean or too little oil or overheated it will score on the exhaust side first. If piston is good remove the carb and spray a SMALL amout of starting fluid into the intake and try to start. If it fires up for a second or two you have enough primary and seconday compression to at least make the engine run. If it doesn't fire then remove the spark plug and spray a VERY SMALL amount of starting fluid into the spark plug hole and try to start. If it fires you have some secondary compression but not enough primary compression. If it doesn't fire not enough seconday compression.