John Deere X590 or Cub Cadet XT3

bob19

Threads
Need advice John Deere X590 or Cub Cadet XT3

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Need advice John Deere X590 or Cub Cadet XT3
sure, I'll do my best to give advice - mow on sunny days, try to avoid when flooded, raining heavy or hail falling. Anything above an EF0 should also be avoided. Definately do not take shelter under a big tree like the cows do when there is lightning nearby. It can strike even from over the horizon. :)

bob19

Threads
I vote Cub Cadet XT3
The XT3 looks solid. Saw one yesterday, went back go check a couple things today and it had been sold. Thanks for responding.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The quality of Cub products has been going down hill rapidly since the MTD take over
To the point that I advise all my customers to avoid them as they are marginally better than the standard MTD trash at best
You see this here particularly as the Cub Cadet section gets the most problem post by a long way
Down here , unless looking at commercial grade mowers I only recommend the locally made Greenfields & Coxes
After that JD or Toro
Everything else is a lucky dip of problems
When you get to commercials, then the list expands but Cub & husqvarna ( or any clones there of ) are still off the list

beddy85

Threads
In my opinion, I'd go jd over mtd pretty much any day of the week. I say this without even comparing the two models you have in question.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Dealership, John Deere

Cornfield

Threads
If you plan on having service done by the dealer, I would suggest JD. If not, find a Toro dealer.