John Deere x350

SkullHull

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello All,
I have a josh Deere x350 with 82 hours on it. it has a Kawasaki 18.5 hp engine.model #FS600v-BS21-R.
It starts right up and idles fine drives forward and reverse at full speed fine no issues. I can engage the blades with no issues but when I try to cut
grass it shudders to the point it dies.sounds like it is running out of gas.these are the things I have tried so far.
opened the carb and cleaned to the best of my ability did not see anything at all not a crumb anywhere.
unplugged the spark plug wires one at a time to check the coils engine continued to run on each cylinder individually
spindles, idler bullies and belts spin freely and are very clean
new fuel filter
any and all help will greatly be accepted
Thanks in advance
P.S. Please help I can't let this beat me.

gotomow

Threads
Make sure you have good clean contact with positive and negative battery terminals

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would be double checking everything on the deck. Blades, belt, spindles, pulleys and how clean the underside of the deck is. Is the deck shuddering or the deck? This will tell you where to start you search.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
How much grass is packed under your deck?

SkullHull

Forum Newbie
Threads
Battery terminals tight.12.1 volts with engine off 13.5 volts with engine running. nothing interfering with blades, deck is clean spindles, idler pullies turn freely. New fuel filter and fuel pump is pumping not sure of how much is enough but definitely pumping. Been raining every day down here in south Louisiana hope to try it this weekend. Thanks for all the suggestions so far. I won't give up till I win.

SkullHull

Forum Newbie
Threads
Still poping and dying under a load. new fuel filter and fuel lines are clean so is gas tank no filter in the tank.Got a new OEM fuel pump coming. could the electronic PTO cause this and how would I check it to verify or eliminate it.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Now you have started a new thread, because this is a totally different problem. This may not get you the help you are looking for. Three things I would be looking into. First is valve clearance. Second would be checking if the spark is still consistent and steady under load. Third, would be the carb. May need a good cleaning and rebuild if you had a problem with the fuel filter and lines.

SkullHull

Forum Newbie
Threads
New fuel pump same problem. Pulled out the 2 month old NGK plugs and replaced them with some champions. She is cutting grass 12" tall and not a cough or poppet even a bat of an eye.
Thanks guys for all the help.
George

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Glad you got her going!!!!

(ruh roh, another spark plug thread :LOL: ? ?)