John Deere RX75 No Spark?

MechanicLane

Threads
I just bought a John Deere RX75 riding mower and need help troubleshooting. It turns over with no problem, there is suction in the carburetor, and I replaced the spark plug but it still won't start. I will take the carb off tomorrow to deep clean it because it probably needs it but it won't start even with starting fluid. It almost sounds like it ignites just barely but I can't tell if it is actually or not. I can't tell if it is sparking or not. when I first got it the battery was installed backward, my mistake. I quickly corrected it when I realized it. How can I test the spark or do you think it is another problem not spark-related? Thanks in advance. Will update you guys tomorrow after I clean the carb.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Let's start with which Kawasaki FC290V it has.

With the battery connect backwards there is a chance the ignition coil is destroyed along with the voltage regulator.

MechanicLane

Threads
now i just need instructions for a carburetor adjustment

MechanicLane

Threads
Thanks, finally got it started but it won’t move forward or backward and it might be because the parking brake lever is totally disconnected. Will post a pic of the broken assembly.

MechanicLane

Threads
DSC00007.jpegthe lever is disconnected from that shaft or something sticking up here