John Deere on strike?

Mower King

Threads
I saw on TV news yesterday that JD might go on strike.......?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well they are now on strike.

I haven't brought parts at my local JD since out of the blue they removed my discounts and then started charging $20 on every order that they didn't have in stock. I now use a dealer out IL for my parts where I still get my discount and the shipping is less. So if the local store is on strike that will not hurt my business besides it is the end lawn mowing season here. I think in the last 6 months I have only been in the local store one time and then they didn't have what I was needing so I ordered the part from IL.

Besides JD is greedy company otherwise as when they took over Sunbelt as A&I everything went up. They even refuse honor the Briggs parts warranty. Shipping policy changed to full UPS rates; unless, I place a $200 order then the shipping is free. $45 shipping on a $195 is ridiculous considering if it was $200 it would be free. That why I place 200.01 plus orders even if I have throw out an item. On my part A&I has lost a good portion of my business parts purchases. With my sales rep lying to me earlier this year, sales to me drop to nearly 1/8th of last year's sales and that is about 1/10 what I was buying three years ago.

bkeller500

Threads
Yes they did not accept the first agreement offer by JD and chose to strike today (Thursday). It appears the offer was pretty good and reinstated some benefits but apparently it's not acceptable. Eventually they will come to an agreement which will cost JD, so expect to see higher pricing on their equipment, parts and service. That along with the port and transportation issues will cost consumers greatly over the next few years. If you need parts you better grab them.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
AMTRAK and American Airlines are soon to be on strike.

Mower King

Threads
Well they are now on strike.

I haven't brought parts at my local JD since out of the blue they removed my discounts and then started charging $20 on every order that they didn't have in stock. I now use a dealer out IL for my parts where I still get my discount and the shipping is less. So if the local store is on strike that will not hurt my business besides it is the end lawn mowing season here. I think in the last 6 months I have only been in the local store one time and then they didn't have what I was needing so I ordered the part from IL.

Besides JD is greedy company otherwise as when they took over Sunbelt as A&I everything went up. They even refuse honor the Briggs parts warranty. Shipping policy changed to full UPS rates; unless, I place a $200 order then the shipping is free. $45 shipping on a $195 is ridiculous considering if it was $200 it would be free. That why I place 200.01 plus orders even if I have throw out an item. On my part A&I has lost a good portion of my business parts purchases. With my sales rep lying to me earlier this year, sales to me drop to nearly 1/8th of last year's sales and that is about 1/10 what I was buying three years ago.
Seems like I do recall, at the Kawasaki engine update "schools" that if a John Deere product had a Kaw engine, you had to go through JD instead of Kaw!
JD must have a lot of Kaw products and a lot of $$$, to have a hold on Kaw like that!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Seems like I do recall, at the Kawasaki engine update "schools" that if a John Deere product had a Kaw engine, you had to go through JD instead of Kaw!
JD must have a lot of Kaw products and a lot of $$$, to have a hold on Kaw like that!
Try to look up a spec number on a Kawasaki model number used on a JD product in the US. They are not listed on US Kawasaki parts diagram sites.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Try to look up a spec number on a Kawasaki model number used on a JD product in the US. They are not listed on US Kawasaki parts diagram sites.
Yep, i use the EU website for that.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yep, i use the EU website for that.
I been for over five years now and just ordering the parts through my Kawasaki distributor. SO far only found one part that I could not get and that was a in tank fuel filter on a JD 445.

It has save me and my customers a lot of money too.