John Deere LA 175 Lawn tractor

Doc53

Forum Newbie
Threads
John Deere LA 175 Lawn tractor no spark at spark plug when turned over with starter & will not start
how can I track down problem. Thank You

Muhammad

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
I have moved this thread to the John Deere forum where it should get more attention.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
John Deere LA 175 Lawn tractor no spark at spark plug when turned over with starter & will not start
how can I track down problem. Thank You

First, check for spark while cranking engine...remove plug and ground threaded part on metal while cranking engine, if no spark, buy new plug and try that one. Still no spark, then trace wire connections to see if anything may be loose. Not very familiar with the model you have but if engine cranks over okay but still no spark, I suspect the electronic ignition module is bad. How old is the mower? How many hours? How long since the plug has been replaced? Sigh...this is just one more of those numerous posts where those who want to help have very little information to go on.

SouthCentral

Threads
I had a problem with mine and found the plug wire to be a little loose around the plug. First time I ever had a problem with the plug wire but after I replaced that it fixed the problem. Might be that simple or a new plug like others have said.