John Deere GT 275

Pmitchell

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deere GT 275 that starts and runs but gradually looses running power especially going up an incline if I turn it on and turn it back on it runs fine but will start doing the same thing all over again. I’ve replaced air filter, fuel pump, fuel filter and blown air through fuel line into gas tank air comes out gas tank through vent in gas cap also replaced PTO clutch . Any ideas on what the problem is would be greatly appreciated, thanks

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Check cylinder compression & let us know your readings, thanks, Mark
B&S minimum is 135psi. Your Operators Manual may have specifications for your engine, you can post engine manufacturer, model , & serial numbers from engine & we can let you know. thanks, Mark
Purchase this manual, step by step instructions on troubleshooting & repairs, usually about $150.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
When you say looses power, do you mean engine slows down or tractor slows down? If the tractor slows down I would check the drive belt and pulleys.

Pmitchell

Forum Newbie
Threads
When you say looses power, do you mean engine slows down or tractor slows down? If the tractor slows down I would check the drive belt and pulleys.
The tractor slows down. Not sure what to check for on the drive belt and pulleys but I’ll see if I can detect something going on there. Thanks