John Deere D100 Blade Engage Safety Switch Shifts Up - Wont Start

rogergthree

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / John Deere D100 Blade Engage Safety Switch Shifts Up - Wont Start
Hi,

To start my D100 I have to normally have the blade engage lever in the disengaged position. Under the hood the lever attaches to another lever that positions to the safety switch and allows the engine to start, or not start if the blade is engaged. When the lever is in the start position, there is a tab that closes the switch. Instead of closing the switch, it pushes the switch up and slides under such that the switch is not depressed and the engine wont start. I can reach inside and using my fingers, depress the switch and then the engine will start, so the switch is good, it is just being pushed up above the tab that depresses the switch for start. The switch is held in place by plastic tabs that fit through a hole in a plastic bracket. There are no other devices holding the switch in place. The slot is in good condition to hold the tabs on the switch and the tabs on the switch are also in good condition.

In short, it appears to be a poor design unless I am overlooking something. Am I overlooking something? Is there an update to repair this such as another bracket that will fit over the switch and hold it down in place? Am I overlooking a means to re-position the lever under the hood?

Thanks for the help ... hope I have been clear in my description or please ask for clarification.