John Deere (36 inch Rototiller) Pulley

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamKrohmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a John Deere pulley that i'm having a hard time finding, it's on a J.D. rototiller #F033J420911M, the pulley locked up, and shredded 2 drive belts on the rototiller. I have pictures of the pulley. Does anyone know where i could get one?
[ATTACHREUSE]

View attachment 58992View attachment 58993

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Couple of questions to help me identify your tiller.
1. Size of the tiller
2. Size of the pulley.
3. Tractor it is used on.
4. Any other numbers on the tiller.
5. Approximate age of the tiller.

Using the number you posted I’m not finding anything, but I know that is a good John Deere number.

EDIT:
Leaving for deer camp, if no one is able to help by them, I’ll be back Sunday to work on it.

Last edited:

WilliamKrohmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Couple of questions to help me identify your tiller.
1. Size of the tiller
2. Size of the pulley.
3. Tractor it is used on.
4. Any other numbers on the tiller.
5. Approximate age of the tiller.

Using the number you posted I’m not finding anything, but I know that is a good John Deere number.

EDIT:
Leaving for deer camp, if no one is able to help by them, I’ll be back Sunday to work on it.
1.It's a 36 inch tiller. 2.Size of the pulley Measured 3 1/2 inches x 1 3/4 ID. 3. 317 John Deere. 4.No other numbers that i could find, this # is on a metal tag. 5. Roughly 15 - 20 years old, just guessing.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Click on this link for a Stens 280-529 .
Click on the right thumbnail on the left of the page under the photo when the page opens to see how it measures up to your pulley
Ignore the BS showing a double row ball bearing, no one has done that for decades
Have a close look at your pulley because way back when it was made, quality was important so a lot of pulleys back then used custom made inner races.
Now days it is all std deep groove ball bearings with a custom bush to fit the bolt and regulate the amount of stand off .( cheapness )

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
please see other thread here

Status
Not open for further replies.