JD Z915E problem

Jason Pearson

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Z915E that boggs down when engage pto. All the bearings seem to be in good shape and pulleys turn freely. Any advise?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Most likely the mower has the Kohler CV742 engine if has the same as the Z915B that I am currently working on.

You got one cylinder that is not working if it the same as the one here. Number 2 cylinder completely dead on the one here.

Some DIYer got a hold of it so I am working through all the DIYer induced problems. First he had the fuel pickup in the tank in the wrong position, then had rubber pieces in the carburetor, and today after I got those two problem resolved a bad coil showed when he installed new coils and didn't use the correct mounting bolts so one was rubbing on the flywheel overheating it and destroying the electronics of the Digital coil. He use the 15mm screws instead of the 25mm screws so he couldn't torque them to spec.

Jason Pearson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Most likely the mower has the Kohler CV742 engine if has the same as the Z915B that I am currently working on.

You got one cylinder that is not working if it the same as the one here. Number 2 cylinder completely dead on the one here.

Some DIYer got a hold of it so I am working through all the DIYer induced problems. First he had the fuel pickup in the tank in the wrong position, then had rubber pieces in the carburetor, and today after I got those two problem resolved a bad coil showed when he installed new coils and didn't use the correct mounting bolts so one was rubbing on the flywheel overheating it and destroying the electronics of the Digital coil. He use the 15mm screws instead of the 25mm screws so he couldn't torque them to spec.
Thank you for the response. What would kill the sylinder so quick?. Only 120 hrs on the mower. Just had to put a starter on it also.