Jacobsen HR9016 Turbo; mower deck not engaging.

paul3

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently purchased this mower with a reported 1,049 hours out of Michigan and had it delivered to Arkansas. First problem straight off the trailer; the right-side mowing deck was not engaging. Quite a letdown. So, I did some research made a call to the dealer, and I replaced the proximity switch. Then I realized the hour meter had been changed, so I have no idea how many hours this machine actually has. Fired it up and it worked fine during a short, satisfying test run. Then the ignition switch went out; replaced that. Then the PTO switch went out; replaced that. Took it out for another test run; the right-side mower deck only engaged after a few minutes of mowing but never shut off during the test. The hydraulic drive felt really weak with the PTO engaged, so I checked the hydraulic fluid level and added four gallons of VG-68. I fired it up for another test run drive is much better, but now the right-side deck is not engaging at all even after a few minutes. Looking for direction and ideas.

paul3

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here's where I am. Since I replaced the limit switch or proximity switch already, I moved to the relay switches. I pulled the relay for the right-side (problem side) and tested it in novice like fashion with a multimeter, and I watched a good bit of you tube videos on testing relay switches which including a good tip about switches. The tip was that switches within a system are often the same, which meant to me that the right-side switch was the same as the left-side switch. So, I pulled the relay switch for the left-side deck and moved it to the right-side position for a test. Voila; it proved to be the relay after all. You bet I ordered more than one switch from Amazon.