Buying Advice ISX800Z or Radius S

DIXIELAND HOLDINGS

Forum Newbie
Threads
It's purchase time, I'm trying to decide between the Ferris ISX800 or the Exmark Radius S series. I'm a start up lawn maintenance company, adding lawn care to my soft wash business next spring.

I love nearly everything about both mowers and it'll most likely come down to something small. I haven't ridden either one yet, so I don't have that information to go on. I'll be doing that before I buy one. Purchase date set for this Saturday. They both have the same price tag.

Some things I concern myself with:

USA made- most USA parts
spindle quality
ease of maintenance and accessibility
Options included-hitch etc
comfort
fuel usage
overall durability of the machine
replacement parts-ease of access and costs
Deck durability

Anyone with experience on either machine and any things they like or don't like about them would be helpful.

Thank you.

DIXIELAND HOLDINGS

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well, I decided that I like the Briggs 27 HP 810cc motor on the Simplicity. Since it's exactly the same as the Ferris other than that and the Ferris and Simplicity are beefier than the same priced eXmark. Thanks for all the input guys and gals.

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads
It's purchase time, I'm trying to decide between the Ferris ISX800 or the Exmark Radius S series. I'm a start up lawn maintenance company, adding lawn care to my soft wash business next spring.

I love nearly everything about both mowers and it'll most likely come down to something small. I haven't ridden either one yet, so I don't have that information to go on. I'll be doing that before I buy one. Purchase date set for this Saturday. They both have the same price tag.

Some things I concern myself with:

USA made- most USA parts
spindle quality
ease of maintenance and accessibility
Options included-hitch etc
comfort
fuel usage
overall durability of the machine
replacement parts-ease of access and costs
Deck durability

Anyone with experience on either machine and any things they like or don't like about them would be helpful.

Thank you.

ISX800 for the win!

Dan Cramer

Threads
So this thread is almost a year old.....you bought the Simplicity? How's it doing for you?
Sorry, I mis-read, I thought you had a isx 800. I'm not the simplicity owner, just looking at the Ferris

Mower King

Threads
Sorry, I mis-read, I thought you had a isx 800. I'm not the simplicity owner, just looking at the Ferris
I think I mis-read it also......I'm a Service Tech at a dealership that sells Ferris, IMO, they are one of the TOP SHELF mowers out there, and not just because we sell them, I have worked on most all brands through the years!

Dan Cramer

Threads
I think I mis-read it also......I'm a Service Tech at a dealership that sells Ferris, IMO, they are one of the TOP SHELF mowers out there, and not just because we sell them, I have worked on most all brands through the years!
Thanks, I like Ferris to, just wondering about cut quality in wet conditions and a riders abilities on slopes. I currently have a walk behind. Have a good weekend