Mower deck IS3000Z Removing Spindle Pulley To Replace Spindle

Ru4him

Threads
It looks like a key, but it doesn't look like it goes through the shaft.

How do I remove the key and get the pulley off to replace the spindle?

Is there a video anyone knows of.

Thanks in advance for your help. I have jobs waiting on this fix.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Remove nut then washer then use a 3 jaw puller to remove the pulley. Key will remove after pulley is removed.

Ru4him

Threads
Remove nut then washer then use a 3 jaw puller to remove the pulley. Key will remove after pulley is removed.

There isn't a nut or washer. The key clearly goes into the shaft but not all the way throughIS3000Z Spindle Pulley Picture.jpg

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Remove the 2 bolts and thread them into to other 2 bolt holes. These are designed to use the bolts to remove the top retainer. Tighten them equally one then the other till it pops off. The reason the key looks like is because of very low tolerances of machining.

Padroo

Threads
I haven't had to touch my spindles yet since my IS 3200 is still new but when I saw the top of the spindle I recognized it as having two threaded holes which in the steel mill I worked as a millwright were referred to a "Jacking Bolts" . Like the other guy said, remove the two and screw them into the other holes and tighten them a little at a time to keep even pressure on them. What it is doing is breaking a tapered fit. They all work the same. Don't break them off.