Is this snow blower ruined?

mikejc

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have reason to believe that this snow blower Troybuilt Storm 2410 never had end of season maintenance performed on it, and was likely stored with gas and oil left in the unit for 2 seasons now. I am worried about contaminated gas or oil in the engine and am scared to start it... is there anything I can do? I am not an engine person at all, so I am trying to find out what my options are. Does this need to go to a small engine repair shop, or am I over-reacting?

Thanks

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Change the oil drain the gas put fresh in give it a shot of starting fluid and start it. A new plug helps to your fine

de dee

Threads
I have reason to believe that this snow blower Troybuilt Storm 2410 never had end of season maintenance performed on it, and was likely stored with gas and oil left in the unit for 2 seasons now. I am worried about contaminated gas or oil in the engine and am scared to start it... is there anything I can do? I am not an engine person at all, so I am trying to find out what my options are. Does this need to go to a small engine repair shop, or am I over-reacting?

Thanks

In two seasons the gas may have dried up in the carb., so you may have to get the carb. cleaned, if it does not start, when you put gas in put a double dose of sea foam in the tank first,.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
In two seasons the gas may have dried up in the carb., so you may have to get the carb. cleaned, if it does not start, when you put gas in put a double dose of sea foam in the tank first,.

No.. don't do that seafoam just dilutes your petrol more than its already diluted from ethanol and addictives.

Your carb may need cleaned but let's try to get it started before we make it more complicated

possum

Threads
See if gas is still in the tank. Check to see if the oil is way overfull. If either or both just take it in for service. Tell them what happened.

X-man

Threads
Change the oil drain the gas put fresh in give it a shot of starting fluid and start it. A new plug helps to your fine

I would do exactly that.