Instrument panel problems

Minguen

Threads
Good evening,
I bought a Massey Ferguson 2924D, which is a Simplicity Legacy with different badges (or vice versa!). I think it's dated about 2005. It has the 3 cylinder Daihatsu diesel engine fitted with a 48" cutting deck. There are a number of niggling issues that I'm trying to resolve but not having much luck so far.
1. The fuel gauge reads F when ignition off and moves to E when ignition on. I have tried the tank sender on another machine and it works as it should, so I know that isn't the problem.
2. Temp. gauge shows no reading. Have earthed out sender unit and no change. Wire from sender up to terminal block on instrument cluster is good. I have put live to connector on cluster and no movement of the needle.
3. Ignition light not working when ignition switched on. Put live feed to terminal on cluster but no reading at bulb. Earth feed is good. When I did the same to the oil pressure light terminal (as that wasn't working either), they both came on but the oil light was a lot less bright. However, that now seems to be fine.

I'd also like to know what attachment(s) can be fitted to the rear PTO. There has been a heavy duty bracket assembly fitted which stops anything being slotted into the PTO shaft. I don't know if it's a standard item or custom, but either way it makes the rear PTO pointless.

Thanks for any feedback.
Robert20221119_131925.jpg.
P.s. I forgot to mention, I'm in the UK.

Attachments

• 20221119_131936.jpg
    20221119_131936.jpg
    1,019.5 KB · Views: 4
  • 20221119_132016.jpg
    20221119_132016.jpg
    474.5 KB · Views: 4

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Take your time cleaning all electrical connections with CRC Electronic Cleaner & installing a small amount of Dielectric Grease on all connections. This is a tedious job so take your time, you'll be glad you did. Let us know if this helps, thanks, Mark
Attachments are at bottom of page.

Last edited:

Minguen

Threads
Take your time cleaning all electrical connections with CRC Electronic Cleaner & installing a small amount of Dielectric Grease on all connections. This is a tedious job so take your time, you'll be glad you did. Let us know if this helps, thanks, Mark
Attachments are at bottom of page.
Thanks for your reply Mark. I haven't tried the grease yet but I rechecked terminal connections for the battery light and the earth showed no continuity. I put silver foil from earth connection on bulb holder to battery earth and it was good, so there must be an break in the earth on the printed circuit. I'll run a separate one from the nearest earth terminal as a new circuit board will be prohibitively expensive or most likely not available.
Still searching for answers to my gauge issues.