I'm At A Loss!!!

jetsticks

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Hustler Sport 48" ZTR with a 21 HP Briggs and Stratton engine. I noticed after mowing I had a bad oil leak coming from the oil pump to the carburetor. I inspected the line and saw no tears or holes so I thought it was the oil pump. I bought an OEM oil pump and installed it. The next time I mowed it was leaking again. I will say that when the mower is not engaged and just idling I don't see any leaks but after I engage the PTO oil starts to drip from the line that goes from the pump to the carb. I replaced the clamp on the pump with a hose clamp to make sure the old one wasn't too lose. Could the line have a pin hole or something? I did take it off and checked by putting an air hose in it and listening for any air. Any help would be appreciated.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Better post the model and type of the Briggs engine as I don't know of a Briggs with an external oil pump.

Last edited:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
@StarTech I am going to assume that this is a single cylinder OHV with a fuel pump, and he has oil leaking from the fuel pump vent. But to the OP we need the model and type so we can determine what you actually have.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That what I am thinking but want to be sure. Or it can even be the breather hose.