I'm about done with Partstree.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Warning, I'm ranting.

This is my 4th time to use (or try to use) Partstree. The first order, when I lived in Texas was exactly like it was supposed to be. Parts in stock, they got sent out that day. Everything showed up quick.
The next two time, I ordered, only to find out later, that the parts they said were in stock, were actually not. Took almost two weeks to get one part.
Yesterday, I made an order. This morning I get an email saying their was a discrepancy with my mailing address. That it wasn't the same as the billing. And they needed me to "verify." Well, DUGH!!!!!!, I'm the one that made the order. I'm the one that put in both addresses. And I'm the one that paid for it. So how much more "verification" do you need?
Now, instead of the customer getting his HH60 tomorrow, more than likely it'll be Monday afternoon now before the parts get here. UHG!!!!!!

All this verification crap is getting out of hand.

It was the same way with getting auto insurance last month. Talk to one person, which I verified "me" to one person. Then get switched to someone else who wants to verify "me" again.
The last one that did that, I told her to get all that verification info from that one that passed me onto her, and then call me back when you've verified "me."

jp1961

Threads
Hello,

I've ordered from Partstree several times, although i don't run a business that depends on timely deliveries. I usually try to support local lawnmower parts shops, but even they, sometimes don't have the part in stock and need it shipped to them first. Living in a rural area, it's best for me to call first, to see if they have it, if not, then online.

Lots of companies use third party verification services, it covers their ass, when dealing verbally over the phone. There is no "paper trail" when dealing verbally over the phone. I'm not an attorney and don't play one on TV,,,lol.

Regards
Jeff

Last edited:

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Warning, I'm ranting.

This is my 4th time to use (or try to use) Partstree. The first order, when I lived in Texas was exactly like it was supposed to be. Parts in stock, they got sent out that day. Everything showed up quick.
The next two time, I ordered, only to find out later, that the parts they said were in stock, were actually not. Took almost two weeks to get one part.
Yesterday, I made an order. This morning I get an email saying their was a discrepancy with my mailing address. That it wasn't the same as the billing. And they needed me to "verify." Well, DUGH!!!!!!, I'm the one that made the order. I'm the one that put in both addresses. And I'm the one that paid for it. So how much more "verification" do you need?
Now, instead of the customer getting his HH60 tomorrow, more than likely it'll be Monday afternoon now before the parts get here. UHG!!!!!!

All this verification crap is getting out of hand.

It was the same way with getting auto insurance last month. Talk to one person, which I verified "me" to one person. Then get switched to someone else who wants to verify "me" again.
The last one that did that, I told her to get all that verification info from that one that passed me onto her, and then call me back when you've verified "me."
I dunno but you look pretty sketchy to me.?
Give me you credit card info and social security number and i will verify you.?

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hello,

I've ordered from Partstree several times, although i don't run a business that depends on timely deliveries. I usually try to support local lawnmower parts shops, but even they, sometimes don't have the part in stock and need it shipped to them first. Living in a rural area, it's best for me to call first, to see if they have it, if not, then online.

Lots of companies use third party verification services, it covers their ass, when dealing verbally over the phone. There is no "paper trail" when dealing verbally over the phone. I'm not an attorney and don't play one on TV,,,lol.

Regards
Jeff

I guess I'm just old fashioned. I don't need to be verified. I know who I am. If someone steals my credit cards or information, then it's on me. Unless my computer is hacked. Then it's on the anti hacking software I'm paying for, which has lifelock. But still my responsibility to have things like that since I don't know much about computers & hacking.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I guess I'm just old fashioned. I don't need to be verified. I know who I am. If someone steals my credit cards or information, then it's on me. Unless my computer is hacked. Then it's on the anti hacking software I'm paying for, which has lifelock. But still my responsibility to have things like that since I don't know much about computers & hacking.
Someone managed to charge $100+ worth of food to my credit card, without having the card--I had it the entire time. But all it took was one phone call to the CC company and they took it off, told me to shred the card, and they sent a new one. FedEx delivered it and just threw it on the floor of the porch by the front door.

PTmowerMech

Lawn Addict
Threads
Someone managed to charge $100+ worth of food to my credit card, without having the card--I had it the entire time. But all it took was one phone call to the CC company and they took it off, told me to shred the card, and they sent a new one. FedEx delivered it and just threw it on the floor of the porch by the front door.

Someone who stole your card, didn't get verified at least 2 times before making a purchase? And the FedEx guy didn't verify who he was giving the new card too.??????? Good grief.

So I'm about to move to another state, and my drivers license had just expired. I wasn't going to renew them if I was moving. So the day before the move, I went to rent a storage building. They wouldn't rent me one because my license was expired. So, i went to the DMV to renew it. But since it was expired, I had to go to the court house to get a copy of my birth certificate to verify I was the one pictured on the license. But since my license was expired, I had to go get two bills from the house to verify I was who I was.

Run down: The state DMV couldn't verify I was who I was, even with the picture ID THEY issued me. The court house couldn't use the state issued drivers license as verification, but they could use to bills with my address on it, not my face.

It's REALLY getting out of hand.

Lawn Addict
Threads
I haven't had any issues with verification. I have the Real ID Driver license, & CCW permit.

Parts tree, they did ok on my last order. No complaints. But I'm just a rez user. My thing is Harleys.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Government workers are quite lazy at times. Here Tennessee is issuing real id too. Well went for renewal last June. They already had previously required me to provide Birth certificate and two local bills just because moved into the state when I first got here to get a state of Tennessee driver license. They issue me a new DL for eight years that is not a real id version. Now they want to go through whole process get the star added and another renewal fee.Since I not planning any flying or going into any government building except the SS office in the near future, I am just going to let it ride.

I am still trying to figure how some window washer in California got my chipped card info. I only had the new card for short time when I got a $800 charge for window washing. Of course I got a new card now. I also went got one of RF resistance wallets. What a pain as I can't carry it around in my back pocket like I did my previous wallet which was butt compatible.

Just ask someone if they take Federal Reserve Notes when they have a sign cash only posted. Most times the first resonance is no. They don't know what a Federal Reserve Note is.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Both times my card got compromised it was at restaurants. Where else do you hand your card to someone and they disappear for a while? I use my phone with samsung pay now.