Ignition wiring

cambre

Threads
I have a Kohler 26hp twin, I put an electric fuel pump on it. The kill wire from the ignition switch came undone while putting fuel pump on. I don't know what it attaches to on the engine. Can someone help me? Thanks

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
You should look for a schematic of the model tractor that it is.

cambre

Threads
Thanks for answer. This old mower has had the belly taken off. I only use it to pull a wagon around on my 14 acres to do odd jobs. The electric motor that raised & lowered the belly caught fire about 7 years ago & burnt almost all the wires. I rewired it & have no color codes. The mower has 2800 hrs on it. Overhauled it two yrs ago. Runs fairly well. You brobably don't believe the hrs on it. Several guys on the forum didn't believe it either. I had a video made with it running & showed the hour meter, think it was around 2500 back then. The kill wire has to go some place on the engine electrical system, I just don't know where. I have been using it & to kill it I close the fuel line off & wait till it dies. Thanks for any help

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
You should be able to find a model number for your tractor usually located on tag on the bottom of the seat. Then you should be able to find a wiring diagram.

geelee

Threads
the white wire coming out of engine

cambre

Threads
You should be able to find a model number for your tractor usually located on tag on the bottom of the seat. Then you should be able to find a wiring diagram.
Had to replace the wiring because of fire so all the wires are yellow & red. I used what I had. The kill wire from the kill connection on ignition switch has to connect some where to kill the engine. Some one should know this.

cambre

Threads
the white wire coming out of engine
What is the white wire (witch it does not have) coming out of the engine attached to what?

Last edited:

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
We need to know what kind of engine you have. Can you at least take a quick pic of it?
Do you have a S.A.M. module on it?