ID help with old blower engine

bogaard

Forum Newbie
Threads
I need some help with carburetor kit or whole replacement for this vintage Kawasaki blower. I have it running but it runs real rich. Yard sale find. Looks like someone tried to rejet it by soldering holes closed in nozzle and redrilling it. It's a mess. Anyone know where I could find replacement nozzle or if need be the whole carb. I can't find anything but a few pictures online of the unit. No info on carb. Looks like a real nice old engine. 25:1 it says on the gas cap. Getting plenty of blue smoke when running at that ratio. Only revs up and smooths out after I shut gas off. Smooths out for 4 or 5 seconds before it runs out. That's what makes me think it running rich. Try to attach some pics. Thanks in advance for any help.

Attachments

• kawasaki carb 1.png
    kawasaki carb 1.png
    478.8 KB · Views: 12
  • kawasaki carb 2.png
    kawasaki carb 2.png
    433 KB · Views: 8
  • kawasaki carb 3.png
    kawasaki carb 3.png
    413.6 KB · Views: 10
  • kawasaki carb 4.png
    kawasaki carb 4.png
    498 KB · Views: 11

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do you have engine numbers? Would make it a lot easier to identify the carb.

bogaard

Forum Newbie
Threads
There is one sticker on the engine. No stamps on block.
TZ036M-AG24

Last edited:

txmowman

Threads
There is no carburetor available from Kawasaki. You would need to contact the manufacturer of the blower. There are numbers on the carburetor itself that might help with identification, but it would be a very long shot you will find a replacement.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The carb might be Kawasaki part number 15003-S005, if your model number is TK036-AG24. Just a guess.

bogaard

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did find a small stamp on the base of carb. Looks like 6E2514-C. Could be a Teikei? Looks like a TK stamp on throat. I couldn't find anything online on those numbers either. Shame, It's such a well made little blower and engine just purrs once it leans out.