I need a mower deck shell that is compatible with my craftsman garden tractor model number 917251480

Railman1020

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / I need a mower deck shell that is compatible with my craftsman garden tractor model number 917251480
I need a compatible mower deck for my craftsman garden tractor model number 917251480. All the information I got is that the deck is out of production and not available. there has to be something that I can use or adapt to use for my tractor. Please advise

Cusser

Threads
  • / I need a mower deck shell that is compatible with my craftsman garden tractor model number 917251480
Maybe a 42" deck will fit in place of the original 46" deck????

Did you investigate used decks on Ebay?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Any deck can be fitted to any mower with enough swearing , welding & skinned knuckles.

I am currently working on a franken mower which has a 48" yardmachines deck grafted into an LX Deere .
Nothing but the original deck will drop right in & use the same belts
917 is a Roper code and Roper use AYP ( Husqvarna ) to make their mowers so any AYP deck should be the easiest to make fit
AYP basically only have one design which all of the other brands ( McCulloch, Craftsman , Roper, Racer, Jonsored ,Poulan , Husqvarna ) are just variations of the basic design .
John Deere also used the same design for their 100 series but the deck lift system is substantially different.

Luckly there are some shortcuts
Go to Jacks Small Engines and look up your model , then look up something like the lift brackets or arms from your deck
Hit the more info / details and you will get a window showing you the part plus ALL THE OTHER MOWERS THAT PART FITS.
Print out that page then search each one of these models for decks and hopefully a deck that is still in production.
You might still need to do some alterations but these will be the least amount of work .

dougand3

Threads
And search FB or CL. You may luck into something like this:
Screenshot_2020-09-06_10-58-13.png