I need 1995 JD 345 repair manual info

cliffblue

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all,
I'm going through a recently acquired 345 lawn tractor #016178 with a FD590V engine and a 54" deck. Some of the information I'm in need of is:
When replacing the front axle pivot pin and bushings, how tight should the castle nut be?
What is the spark plug gap?
When adjusting the valves to .010" cold, they were all open from .004" to .010". I would have thought they would be tighter, not looser. Opinions?
How tight should the lift arm bolts be?
To replace the carriage bolt on the drive belt pulley closest to the engine, can I raise the engine without removing the drive pulley from the crankshaft?
If not, is there a trick to remove that pulley from the crankshaft without damaging it?
The forward-reverse pedals are sticky and don't release immediately every time when I lift my foot. The linkage moves freely. How can I free up the directional valve?
Any helpful info or direction to an online manual would be much appreciated. Regards, Cliff

gfp55

Threads
Hello all,
I'm going through a recently acquired 345 lawn tractor #016178 with a FD590V engine and a 54" deck. Some of the information I'm in need of is:
When replacing the front axle pivot pin and bushings, how tight should the castle nut be?
What is the spark plug gap?
When adjusting the valves to .010" cold, they were all open from .004" to .010". I would have thought they would be tighter, not looser. Opinions?
How tight should the lift arm bolts be?
To replace the carriage bolt on the drive belt pulley closest to the engine, can I raise the engine without removing the drive pulley from the crankshaft?
If not, is there a trick to remove that pulley from the crankshaft without damaging it?
The forward-reverse pedals are sticky and don't release immediately every time when I lift my foot. The linkage moves freely. How can I free up the directional valve?
Any helpful info or direction to an online manual would be much appreciated. Regards, Cliff

You may find more info on a John Deere forum, JD does a good job at keeping repair manuals out of customers hands and off the net. Some JD forums guys will share that info with other JD fans, as for the engine, you should look on the net for that engine (if its a Kawasaki, B&S, Kohler, etc.) under shop manual or repair manual.

cliffblue

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey
Appreciate the speedy reply. I'm getting that vibe about JD repair info. Rivets on here did help me already with Kawasaki engine info from another source. Thanks again.