I finally fixed it ... Life hasn't been the same since

Neo7

Threads
  • / I finally fixed it ... Life hasn't been the same since
Some of you may recall how I have a B&S 24HP V-twin that's ALWAYS been hard to start and long story short I did EVERYTHING to fix that (and the engine popping) issue.

Well the whole story (that lasted well over 3 years) will send you to sleep (and numb my fingertips on this keyboard) but it turned out the recommend spark plug gap was too small to reliably ignite the fuel but increasing (doubling) the gap would also not start the engine until I discovered the standard battery was not putting out sufficient volts while under the load of the starter motor. Jumper Cables to a 2nd fully charged battery would also not work because of the voltage loss (drop) due to the small resistance of the jumper cables.

Solution was to fit a bigger and better small car battery and then double the spark plug gap .... an BINGO she starts first time EVERY time.

Honestly this is a Game Changer for me that after 3 years I couldn't really believe I'd finally achieved so I waited 3 weeks (starting the engine twice a day) before letting anyone know.
Hope this information saves you time energy ... and that strong feeling of illogical insanity lol!!

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / I finally fixed it ... Life hasn't been the same since
Thanks for posting results, pat yourself on the back.