Hydrostatic Transmission Problem

Subspace

Forum Newbie
Threads
Cub Cadet XT1 46" is having problems with forward and reverse. I pressed the pedal to go forward and it wouldn't go so I tried the reverse pedal and it went in reverse. Tried forward again and it went forward but if pressed the pedal all the way down I could feel a rotational slipping (like when gears are trying to engage but don't). Later it wouldn't move in forward or reverse, but then it worked again but still had the slipping gear feel. I was able to limp it back to the house slowly with the forward pedal depressed only about half way so I couldn't feel the gear like slipping mentioned before. Got into the garage and pulled out the transmission release lever to push it into its spot in the garage and look at it later. As I was pushing it (brake off, transmission lever out all the way) I could fell a resistance on the axles/tires. Every 10-15 degrees of tire rotation it tries to 'stick' and you have to push it a little harder to overcome the resistance. You can even hear a 'click' or 'clank' (whatever you want to call it) when it overcomes the resistance. This happens with the mower deck on or off and the drive belt was in good condition. I only have 49.7 hours on the tractor since July 2017, no visible leaks anywhere and I've checked every rod and linkage on it, all fine. Only thing left is the transmission/axles. Anyone else had an issue like this? Thank you.

CubxT1

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello I have the Cub Cadet XT1, and mine has the same issue, dose any one have any Idea's?, move forward just a little then reverse and then no movement at all.