Hydrostatic drive.

Slinger12

Forum Newbie
Threads
New to this forum so I apologize if this is not posted in the correct place. I have a Hustler raptor SD 54" deck 23 hp Kawasaki. I lost the drive belt recently,and installed the new one, it ran fine to mow with. After setting for a week, I went to mow and it will only creep forward but will travel in reverse at full speed... Any help would be much apprieated.

Mower King

Threads
New to this forum so I apologize if this is not posted in the correct place. I have a Hustler raptor SD 54" deck 23 hp Kawasaki. I lost the drive belt recently,and installed the new one, it ran fine to mow with. After setting for a week, I went to mow and it will only creep forward but will travel in reverse at full speed... Any help would be much apprieated.
Those mowers have a common problem with one or both wheel motors coming loose from bolts breaking or coming out, then the belt comes off to start with. Lift it up and check ALL the whl mtr mounting bolts & brackets

Slinger12

Forum Newbie
Threads
Yeah all my bolts are tight. Ive jacked it up and ran it forward an back at low idle thinking I have an air lock. It hasn't helped.
When motors are engaged for normal operation and the mower is in the neutral position,it still tries to move in reverse.

Mower King

Threads
Yeah all my bolts are tight. Ive jacked it up and ran it forward an back at low idle thinking I have an air lock. It hasn't helped.
When motors are engaged for normal operation and the mower is in the neutral position,it still tries to move in reverse.
I see 2 problems here....1st, always run a mower a full throttle ( unless it's out of control & poses a problem or engine is over-reving )..2nd, moving when in neutral is linkage or brackets out of correct adjustment. Raptors have the whl mtr linkage at the back,on the bottom, all exposed to get bent rather easily, look at that too, then adjust the "creeping" out of it, when up on jack stands!

Catherine

LawnWorld Support
Staff member
Threads
Welcome to the forum!
You should find some help around here :)