Hydrogear ZT3100 charge caps

cbs123

Threads
Hey guys,

I just replaced the charge caps on hydrogear zt3100 transaxles. Something ive done 6 or 7 times over the past 2 or 3 years. Always goes smoothly. Takes about 30 minutes. The factory caps are known to leak and are replaced with an updated cap, part # 72274. All the ones I've replaced are because of an oil leak issue.

After replacing the ones this morning, left side pump is not working. I made sure to align the caps correctly, and have taken it off a couple of times to verify that, and even rotated it 180 just to make sure. Nothing is working. Mower drove fine beforehand, was just changing them to stop the oil leak. I've made sure the release valve is closed also, so it isn't that.

Anybody got any ideas?

Lawn Addict
Threads
Purge the pump & see if that helps. It shouldn't need it for that, but maybe some air got trapped.

cbs123

Threads
Purge the pump & see if that helps. It shouldn't need it for that, but maybe some air got trapped.
That was it. I guess this is a case of "couldn't see the forest for the trees"

Although, in my defense, i did just drive the mower in the shop. So I was thinking it was something I did wrong in the installation.

Just had some air in the system.

Thanks

Lawn Addict
Threads
(y) ..it happens.. Glad your rig is back in action.