Hydraulics Ferris IS 700Z

Leroy Jenkins

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Ferris IS 700Z with 134 hours on it. I only use this mower for my personal residence.

I started hearing cavitation from the right hydraulics about 2 weeks ago. I have performed the purging sequence to rid the air from the hydraulics at least 6 times since then.

I barely just finished mowing my yard this time.

When I use the right hydraulics in reverse and I start to go forward I hear cavitation and it will take a little while before it "catches up" and performs normally.

Today the cavitation was exponentially longer and at times the rear wheel wouldn't even turn even though I had the right handle throttled all the way forward. It would only do this when I was going up hill and I'd say the grade is about 10°. Downhill was no problem.

I was hoping to be able to fix this myself instead of taking it to the shop. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Mower King

Threads
I have a Ferris IS 700Z with 134 hours on it. I only use this mower for my personal residence.

I started hearing cavitation from the right hydraulics about 2 weeks ago. I have performed the purging sequence to rid the air from the hydraulics at least 6 times since then.

I barely just finished mowing my yard this time.

When I use the right hydraulics in reverse and I start to go forward I hear cavitation and it will take a little while before it "catches up" and performs normally.

Today the cavitation was exponentially longer and at times the rear wheel wouldn't even turn even though I had the right handle throttled all the way forward. It would only do this when I was going up hill and I'd say the grade is about 10°. Downhill was no problem.

I was hoping to be able to fix this myself instead of taking it to the shop. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
1st, make sure that wheel motor is mounted solid and hasn't lost some mounting bolts, 2nd, make sure your bypass rod is connected to the wheel motor and locked in the forward position all the way 3rd, make sure drive belt is routed correctly and the drive spring tension is set to spec.