Husvarna 180BT Pulley

lefty2cox

Threads
Model: 965 18 59-03
Serial: 81004572
Manf. 2008

I just noticed a loss of power and some smoke coming from the pull cord on my blower. I think the seal behind the recoil and pulley assembly is leaking. Although these problems may be unrelated, I'm trying to get a look at the seal but I'm not sure how to remove the pulley behind the recoil. General advice is appreciated but mainly, I'm wondering if the threads are left handed. My assumption is no because I think the thread on the flywheel side is left-handed but wanted to be sure.

Thank you

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes left hand thread
Use a piston stop to prevent the crank from turning , do not put anything into the fins they will break off then you will have to cut off the same amout on the opposite side to balance it and thus drastically lower the flow of cooling air .

lefty2cox

Threads
Yes left hand thread
Use a piston stop to prevent the crank from turning , do not put anything into the fins they will break off then you will have to cut off the same amout on the opposite side to balance it and thus drastically lower the flow of cooling air .
Do you have anything against the rope method? I don't have a stop.

lefty2cox

Threads
I'm struggling with this. It's moving but it doesn't feel right...doesn't feel like it's loosening. Almost like something is slipping but that doesn't seem possible. I was concerned that maybe the rope was just becoming too compressed but I took it all apart and set up a brace on the flywheel side to give that a try. I'm getting the same icky feeling. It turns but I'm not feeling that "break free" feeling that is so satisfying. I'm getting that..."this doesn't feel right" feeling. Do I just need to grow a set and keep turning it?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The rope will compress a very long way
Lots of heat may be required
The factories do not put anti-sieze on them and they do get very tight in use .
Rope = piston stop does the same thing

lefty2cox

Threads
Got it. Thank you. I'll run at it again tomorrow and report back.

lefty2cox

Threads
Finally got it off. It was apparently a regular thread. The flywheel must be the left-handed one. I'll report back once I verify whether or not the new seal solves my power issue.

Thanks.