Hustler Raptor SD PTO switch ripped off

drumship

Forum Newbie
Threads
I ran into an old trailer mowing and the red PTO button got ripped off and at the same time the trailer i hit turn the key so the mower went off with the blades engaged.

I replaced the PTO switch but the mower still thinks they are engaged and wont start!

How can i get it started?

Thanks!
Ken

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Did you get the correct PTO switch ?
I carry around 10 different ones and they will all fit & plug in but only the right one will work .

drumship

Forum Newbie
Threads
Did you get the correct PTO switch ?
I carry around 10 different ones and they will all fit & plug in but only the right one will work .
Well i am pretty sure it is correct it looks identical and said it was for my model....

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
My lord it is a common 3 pole double throw switch. Now Hustler is only using two poles of the switch.

My first question. Does anything works?

drumship

Forum Newbie
Threads
My lord it is a common 3 pole double throw switch. Now Hustler is only using two poles of the switch.

My first question. Does anything works?
negative...it thinks the blades are still engaged...wont crank.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
If you don't heard any relays clicking especially the kill relay when you are sitting on the seat then it is likely you have blown the main fuse. It is the same if the start relay does operate when you turn the ignition switch to start position. I am not talking about the starter solenoid. Also according to the wiring schematics your hour meter should come on in the run position.

drumship

Forum Newbie
Threads
If you don't heard any relays clicking especially the kill relay when you are sitting on the seat then it is likely you have blown the main fuse. It is the same if the start relay does operate when you turn the ignition switch to start position. I am not talking about the starter solenoid. Also according to the wiring schematics your hour meter should come on in the run position.
Thank you very much and I will look at it in a bit and report back.

drumship

Forum Newbie
Threads
the main 15A fuse is not blown. I do not hear any clicking when in start position. The hour meter is working correctly.