Hustler Raptor 54SD LEFT HYDRO TRANSMISSION

beebem97

Threads
Left hydro transmission slips then once it cools down it pulls again. Any ideas?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Either the hydro is on its way out or the belt is worn too much & is slipping
The left hydros always go before the right because the belt slips so the left is always running that tiny bit slower.
Ao top of that the left side seems to accumulate far more dust & debris than the right so overheats .
Changing the oil & filter may extend the life a bit but do the cheap & easy bit first by fitting a new belt

beebem97

Threads
Either the hydro is on its way out or the belt is worn too much & is slipping
The left hydros always go before the right because the belt slips so the left is always running that tiny bit slower.
Ao top of that the left side seems to accumulate far more dust & debris than the right so overheats .
Changing the oil & filter may extend the life a bit but do the cheap & easy bit first by fitting a new belt
Hydros replaced twice under warranty. Right bracket broke so I lost the belt. Put on the new service kit and new belt. I also did a complete fluid and filter change and purged all air from the system. Now left hydro will not drive when it gets hot. At this point I am extremely upset with Hustler that they did not have the dealer install the new service kit when they had them replace the Hydro transmissions. I definitely feel like there should’ve been a recall and the fact that it is not is negligence on their part.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well this is a bit different to the original post
Try more purging on the left side
It s very important to purge at the lowest speed you can run the engine.
This prevents the oil foaming thus removes the oil better .
I have taken several days some times to fully purge a hydro

beebem97

Threads
Well this is a bit different to the original post
Try more purging on the left side
It s very important to purge at the lowest speed you can run the engine.
This prevents the oil foaming thus removes the oil better .
I have taken several days some times to fully purge a hydro
Will do. I do purge on the lowest speed possible. How do you purge one side separately?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
only move the left stick
and don't forgrt to start with the wheels off the ground and the bypass open .

beebem97

Threads
Ok….I have replaced the belt, all of the brackets and hardware, and serviced both hydros. I have purged the air multiple times. This thing keeps throwing the drive belt. I am at a complete loss as to what to do. I have to believe one or both hydros are going bad.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The mower throws a belt because the pulleys are out of alignment, the belt is router wrong, the tensioner is in the wrong place or spring is too weak or there is something stuck in one of the pulleys
On Hydros you can add a bent fan blade

clubairth

Threads
Does your Raptor have the proper undated Hydro braces installed? Sounds like it does not since your throwing the belt?

Hydro Cross Braces-Labeled.jpg

These need to be installed on any Raptor and check the bolts to make sure they are tight too. Braces have cracked and bolts have fallen out before.

BEYTILL

Threads
Does your Raptor have the proper undated Hydro braces installed? Sounds like it does not since your throwing the belt?

View attachment 60889

These need to be installed on any Raptor and check the bolts to make sure they are tight too. Braces have cracked and bolts have fallen out before.
AND…….Install the bolts the RIGHT WAY!