Huster Raptor SD Fuel Tank Capacity not as advertised

benhonda

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Huster Raptor SD Fuel Tank Capacity not as advertised
I bought a raptor SD 3 weeks ago and for the most part it is a nice upgrade from the troy bilt mustang ZTR I was using. But I noticed pretty quick that I had to fuel up more often than I did with the mustang...both models have 3 gallon fuel tanks.
When fueling up at a pump with the tank near dry, I couldn't even get 2 gallons in it! The part of the tank with the fill cap was to the brim, but under the seat and under the control panel...both of those areas of the tank had air trapped and couldn't accept more fuel.
The next time I tried filling up more slowly, hoping the air wouldn't get trapped, but the result was the same, not even 2 gallons.
The fuel level between the lower tank sections and the part with the fill cap of course normalize after several minutes.
So, it seems like the tank my have 3 gallons of capacity, but only 2 gallons are usable.

Anyone else run into this issue...anyone got a fix for it?

Mr. Mower

Threads
Sub'd

wrldtvlr

Threads
My Cadet RTZ is the same way. 2.8 advertised capacity, but only 2.2 or so useable. Assume this is intentional for expansion reasons, but certainly annoying.