Husqvarna Zero Turn won't move - RZ4219

mikec35

Threads
I drove the mower into the garage after the last cut a few months ago. I went to the shop today to replace the deck belt because it popped off during the last cut. After replacing the deck belt and starting the mower it would not move. I checked the neutral levers in the back, put them in both positions and moved the steering arms and nothing happened. The mower drive belt is still in place. Not sure what to check from here. I did notice that one transmission, the right one was not pulling as good as the left one last fall, but not sure why I can't get it to move now. Any suggestions? Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are the drive pulleys on top of the drives turning with the engine running. I have come across several Husky Z turns over the years were the idler arm for the belt tensioner on the hydro drive belt will seize up and not tighten the belt allowing it to slip. My next thought would be that the drives need to be air bleed.

mikec35

Threads
Thanks for the tip, that makes perfect sense because it drove into the garage under it's own power just a few months ago, seem's unlikely both drives went bad just sitting for a short time. I'll check the idler for the hydro drives. It has to be something common to both drives, I just didn't know where to look. I am having a total knee replacement in 2 days, I may not get to it until late March. The mower is located 25 minutes away, I can't easily go look at it, where is the idler arm for the belt tensioner located?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Just look at the idler pulley for the drv belt and follow the attached arm back to the pivot point. Depending on if they still used carriage bolts or not you might need a helper as that is quite a reach for some of us.

frankymixon

Forum Newbie
Threads
i replace belt all the pull look good it like one side not working right left side on handle push it frower not going in

mikec35

Threads
Just to close this out incase anyone else is searching this problem, turns out it was just a worn belt. So the symptoms were one side not pulling as good as the other for the last few cuts of the season. Parked it over the winter then it wouldn't move at all. Replaced the drive belt and it started driving just fine. Thanks for the advice