HUSQVARNA YTH24V54

Just Don

Threads
My 2.5 year old HUSQVARNA YTH24V54 has a kohler 22HP 7000 seties.

Hear lately having problems with starting so I replaced the battery it died so replaced it.
I bought another 320-380 crank battery. So it's started doing this again the battery is still good 3 months old
even had it tested. Charged it full and went out to do something in the yard started up great. Drove around
and got stuck in a hole and a fire ant bed so it wouldn't start again but it clicks a strong click down in the starter area.
I was wondering if it's some safety switches and how to check it, is it the starter if you have any suggestion
I'd appreciate it a lot. Not as talented as most of y'all when it comes to this stuff, in other stuff I rule lol.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Kohler never seem to be able to get their starters matched to their engines
There is an uprated starter with 1 more tooth for your engine
The drive pinion was just too small and prone to jamb after they wear a bit
I have replaced 2 starters that were jambing with the upgraded ones from Stens and they are working well. however they are both less than 1 season old and replaced starters that were 3 to 5 years old so time will tell
The other big problem is bad battery leads
Get a set of jumpers run one from the battery - to some where on the engine near the starter.
Problem goes away = bad ground
No change then clip the other to the starter + ( not solenoid + ) then touch it to the battery +
starter cranks just fine = bad power leads or solenoid
Try again on the solenoid
Starter cranks fine = bad power lead
No difference = bad solenoid

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
You could have 2 problems. Charging system and starter solenoid. You will need to test the starter solenoid first to get it to start. You can jump the solenoid across the two big post on the solenoid. Charging system needs to put out 13 volts dc and higher across the battery post.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And you were mowing at the time you got stuck make sure you turn off the PTO.

Just Don

Threads
You could have 2 problems. Charging system and starter solenoid. You will need to test the starter solenoid first to get it to start. You can jump the solenoid across the two big post on the solenoid. Charging system needs to put out 13 volts dc and higher across the battery post.
I tested the solenoid, the motor would turn over so I bought another solenoid. Waiting for it to arrive.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Back in post # 2 a method was laid out for you to test the various parts
Still waiting for the results

Just Don

Threads
Kohler never seem to be able to get their starters matched to their engines
There is an uprated starter with 1 more tooth for your engine
The drive pinion was just too small and prone to jamb after they wear a bit
I have replaced 2 starters that were jambing with the upgraded ones from Stens and they are working well. however they are both less than 1 season old and replaced starters that were 3 to 5 years old so time will tell
The other big problem is bad battery leads
Get a set of jumpers run one from the battery - to some where on the engine near the starter.
Problem goes away = bad ground
No change then clip the other to the starter + ( not solenoid + ) then touch it to the battery +
starter cranks just fine = bad power leads or solenoid
Try again on the solenoid
Starter cranks fine = bad power lead
No difference = bad solenoid

Back in post # 2 a method was laid out for you to test the various parts
Still waiting for the results
Yes, I'm following it just a remark.