Husqvarna YTH 24V48LS Won't Start or Roll

bf73

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvarna YTH 24V48LS lawn tractor that won’t start. It also doesn’t roll with the trans-axle disengaged by puling the pin. It rocks but won't roll.
Both issues were detected when I went to put it away in the fall which makes me think they’re related but I can’t be certain. The tractor worked fine the week before.
The battery is charged but makes no noise when turning the key. The mower is disengaged and having the brake on or off makes no difference.
I’ve considered that it could be a bad seat sensor but I can’t see how that would keep it from rolling with the trans-axle disengaged.
I’m not sure where to start troubleshooting. Does anyone have any suggestions?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Welcome,
If the mower will not roll in neutral then the brake is locked on.
Usually debris build up around the brake & prevents it releasing.
so get the back in the air. work the brake pedal and follow the rod to the transmission to find the brake.
Some are internal, some are exteranal when up in the air , turning one wheel will cause the other to spin in the opposite direction because the brake works on the layshaft, not the wheels.
So when applied, the brake locks the diff causing one wheel to be forwards & the other wheel to be backwards which is why the brakeing is so harsh.

bf73

Forum Newbie
Threads
It turned out the belt had slipped off the pulley that drives the trans-axle. I'm not sure why that would keep it from free-wheeling or trying to start but both issues were resolved just by putting the belt on correctly. It seems to want to fall off again but at least I know what to look for now. Maybe the belt is stretched.
Thanks a lot for the help bertsmobile1. Your suggesting led me to the issue.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You are welcome.
Locking the brake, locking the input pulley both lock the diff.
Never heard of the belt doing it but I am here to learn just like every one else/