Husqvarna yt48XLS auto-lock differential/hydrostatic

ingigo

Threads
  • / Husqvarna yt48XLS auto-lock differential/hydrostatic
I have a 26hp Kohler with a 48" fabricated deck and the Husqvarna XLS package. What model of the tuff Torq tranny does it have and more so, what is it safe doing for attachments. I have towed many trees with it, the key is using the hydrostatic slow and "feeling" where it is comfortable. With 26hp you need not worry about speed, just let it go slow and easy. I must say that having the auto differential makes moving around the extremely steep and varied landscape here a breeze while mowing. No switches to interfere. Thanks for any replies!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
SPECIFICATIONS    K72
Application   Medium Duty Garden Tractor
Reduction Ratio   23.37:1
Axle Torque (rated) Nm (ft lbs) 549 (405)
Max. Tire Diameter mm (inch) 610 (24)
Brake Capacity Nm (ft lbs) @ 33.1 Nm (24.4 ft lbs) Brake Arm Force 656 (484)
Pump/Motor Displacement cc/rev 18/23
Max. Input Speed rpm 3,400
Axle Shaft Size mm (inch) 25.4 (1.0)
Max. Static Weight on Axle kg (lbs) 459 (1,011)
Weight (dry) kg (lbs) 27.5 (60.5)
Brake Type mm Wet Disc, internal
Housing (Case)   Aluminum Die Casting
Gears   Heat Treated Steel Gears
Differential   Automotive Type Bevel Gears
Differential Lock   Option
Speed Control System   Foot Control : External Shock Absorber
Auxiliary/External Hydraulic Outlets Option (For Power Steering, Lift and Others) 9.3L/min, 31bars (450psi) @ 2,700rpm
External Filter Change   Standard
Bypass Valve (Roll Release)   Standard
Oil Reservoir   External Reservoir
Oil   SAE 10W-30 Class CD (5.3L) 5W-50 (Option)

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yesterday I saw the GT48XLSi spec with tuff torque K58 , I think. Also the GTH52XLS with K66. What year is your machine?

gainestruk

Threads
I looked up YT48XLS and it shows K46.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
K66 K72 qnd K92 are the only ones with Differential Lock. K92 is standard and the other 2 are optional.
I made an incorrect assumed it was K72. I could be any of them.

gainestruk

Threads
I'm going by what Tractor data says.
Ingigo can you give us your serial number on tractor and what year it is please ?

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'll go back and look at the ad which I could have got wrong. Anyway another thread here (I think) spends a lot of time talking about the limited slip on the Husqys. The issues seem to be whether there are two kinds of anti slip gears in the diff: Electric via dash knob
and /?or "built in" (like auto clutch pak) unit. Also if the electric is total lock up which can affect steering and tear up turf. I can't think of an issue where there is more confusion with the Model number and what it means than the locking feature on Husqvarna. The local dealer was confused the one time I visited. An finally can a locking feature be had on Husqy with a Kaw engine? Thanks

gainestruk

Threads
I looked at Partstree and it showed K46, on Husqvarna site is says auto locking, I wonder if it is like the old positrack rear ends that would lock in when one wheel starts to spin ?

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
And....to keep the dialog going. With a car with open diff (no lsd) when stuck (as in snow) I have successfully used the foot brake while gently pressing on the gas to get out. Several responders have also referred to success where they have foot pedals, but I don't know enough about the universe of tractors to know if those pedals are brake pedals or diff lock pedals. Anyway I have not tried to brake my DYT4000 when one wheel is spinning. Maybe that is a poor man's "sometime" lsd. The delta cost appears to be about $300 to get the lsd on a Husky once we can decide what model actually has one. One frustrated owner says he bought new and it took him a year to decide he did not have lsd on his husky, contrary to what the dealer sold him. Bummmmmer!

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Easy to tell. Jack rear end off ground and spin tires. Both spin same direction then yes if they spin in different direction the no.