Husqvarna VS Ariens?

Jeremey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello all!

I am looking to purchase a new zero turn mower and it seems I have boiled to two options...the Husqvarna MZ61 and Ariens Apex60.

These two appear to check the majority of the “boxes” I have which are...
  • 60” deck
  • Prosumer build and components
  • Mowing 5 acres with slight hills and only a few tree
  • ~$5,000 budget
I cannot really decipher online as to which would be the better choice as there aren’t a lot of reviews / comparisons even though their specs are very similar.

A couple points I did find were...
  • the Apex60 has a 4yr / 500hr warranty and the MZ61 has a 4yr / 400hr
  • The Apex60 has a 10 gauge deck and the MZ61 has “twin sheets” of 11 gauge (not sure if that’s exactly as it sounds - as in its almost twice as thick).
At this point, I’d love some input from those with experience with both or either mowers to help me decide which way to go.

Thanks!

keakar

Threads
with ayp brands they are 3 levels of quality

husqvarna - best quality
poulan/cratfsman - good quality
ariens - cheapest quality mowers

this is just my opinion from having worked on so many of them and seen how long they last

Jeremey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for the reply!

I know this is a stupid question but what is an “AYP brand”?

Jeremey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Never mind...Google IS my friend!

So Husqvarna and Ariens are built by the same parent company...or whatever.

I see that Cub Cadet has some more prosumer level mowers as well and close to the budget level...would that be a better option? Or are there other brands I should be looking at?

One of the things I’m looking for is also durability / longevity. I intend on taking good care of the mower, servicing regularly, etc. so I want it to last as long as possible...given my budget isn’t that high I know there are some trade offs.

dougand3

Threads
One of the things I’m looking for is also durability / longevity.
Research which hydrostatic transaxle each has. Read reviews, failure reports, etc.

Jeremey

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello! Thank you very much for the reply!

Funny enough, every mower I’ve been interested has the same system...the ZT-3100.