Husqvarna RZ 5426

Papahoss

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Husqvarna RZ 5426 with a Kohler Kt745 7000 series Engine,
it was running fine then changed deck belt, started it ran about a minute then died now won't crank flywheel acts likes it's stuck, the starter is trying to turn but just clicks against the teeth.I unbolted the starter and she spins freely, the battery is fully charged, have checked all connections on safety switches, tried to turn the flywheel by hand, no doing? any help would be appreciated

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
What is the oil level on the dipstick. High normal not showing. Also may want to check to make sure the new belt didn't get wrapped up into the engine pulleys. Does the flywheel move at all or just a short distance.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
What belt did you use?
correct part number, i believe it should be Husqvarna 539114557 , or according to stens it's a 5/8"x154" belt

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I have a Husqvarna RZ 5426 with a Kohler Kt745 7000 series Engine,
it was running fine then changed deck belt, started it ran about a minute then died now won't crank flywheel acts likes it's stuck, the starter is trying to turn but just clicks against the teeth.I unbolted the starter and she spins freely, the battery is fully charged, have checked all connections on safety switches, tried to turn the flywheel by hand, no doing? any help would be appreciated
So you can not turn the engine over by hand .
Very next step is to pull the spark plug out then try to turn the engine over by hand again.
No joy then remove the belt and try again, plugs still out .
No joy again then you have a locked up engine .
So pull the rocker covers off and check that all 4 pushrods are where they are supposed to be.
One of the justifications of fitting the puny weak starters on mower engines is when there is a catrastrophic engine fsaailure the starter won't be able to crank the engine preventing furthe r damage
Forcing the engine to rotate can often destroy an engine that only needed a simple repair like replacing a bent push rod or cleaning a carb .