Husqvarna rear drive

Zimco

Threads
I have a Husqvarna mod. 65RSW21HVB mower with rear wheel drive that is dragging it's wheels when pulling it back I tried the adjustment mention in the manual. No good. I've had it for a few years so I thought I would replace some of the common parts that wear. I replaced both of the drive pulleys and both wheel pinions and guess what it's still dragging it's tail. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks in advance.

Zimco

Threads
Just to complete this post, I am very dissatisfied with the Husqvarna mower. It is of poor design. I have replaced everything in the drive train and still comes down to if you want to use it take out the pinions and push.

Zimco

Threads
Follow up to original problem.

After all this time I have come up with a simple solution. It remains to be seen how long lasting it might be.

The pinions constantly tried to engage so you cannot easily back up. I replaced everything in the entire drive train and still had the same problem. Even when the drive belt is loose it still tries moving forward which engages the pauls in the pinions. It seemed there needs to be more friction to keep the pulley/belt from moving so I am experimenting with a piece of rubber vacuum hose over the belt guides on the gearbox pulley. When the belt is loose it tends to rub on the hose and minimizes any motion. It seems to be better than it was when new. It will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

Zimco

Threads
I guess you could call this a follow up reply. I modified the drive and made it work better but it still is an aggravation when you back it up and the wheels lock up and drag, making did marks in the lawn. I am about to knuckle under and purchase a replacement mower. I am considering a Honda HRX217HYA mower with hydrostatic drive. I am hoping this drive system is better engineered than the Huskvarna was.

Zimco

Threads
The mods I listed from 2013 wasn't enough. I ended up modifying the drive pulley system to put on a brake on the pulley when drive is released. The drive pulley won't even turn now. This has fixed the problem and today is still in use (end 2019).