Husqvarna LC221RH drive cable PN

oliver_cfc

Threads
Hello All,
The drive cable on my self-propelled mower snapped and I'm having trouble finding the part number for a replacement

It's a 2019 Husqvarna LC221RH with model number 961450032 00

The snapped cable has this PN embossed on the side: 589813204E 2758W

I found a parts list for "LC221RH, 96145003200, 2016-09" and it shows '587 42 11-02' as the replacement but the end that connects to the control handle is rather different and it doesn't fit in the handle chassis right (the screw part is wider and the nut that should sit in a slot so you can adjust the speed doesn't fit.)
I'm wondering if that is for 2009-->2016 models and the years are backwards to what I'd expect.

Searching for the snapped PN (589813204E) in google isn't much help.

Anyone know what I need to buy to get this thing back moving?

Thanks

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And I come up with different PNs at Partstree. I checked with PartSmart system but model doesn't come up on their system.

Partstree indicating 587420001 which is a complete assy. And that PN is superseded to 589813201 per my latest price file update from RBI.

So it appears there a lot miss information out there on what is truly used on this mower.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
And I come up with different PNs at Partstree. I checked with PartSmart system but model doesn't come up on their system.

Partstree indicating 587420001 which is a complete assy. And that PN is superseded to 589813201 per my latest price file update from RBI.

So it appears there a lot miss information out there on what is truly used on this mower.
That is what I got using my part lookup system using the 11 digit model number

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I just wished all the parts people were on the same page. And it is a challenge to find correct IPLs as every vendor has different access to the what is out there.

Jacks and Husqvarna has one thing and then Partstree has another. Neither Gardner or RBI parts look-up even list the mower. Gardner don't show the part numbers I listed but RBI does and that is only in the latest price file. Wasn't even in last month's price file which is currently loaded.

And you think a Husqvarna distributor would access to all the parts but they don't. Oh that is just too convenient.

Enough to drive a procurement officer crazy...Now I got to spend up to an hour of converting a new file set (3 files) into one usable file later today.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
@StarTech I have times where the OEM doesn't even have the IPL for their own products. Had push mower that I was needing a part for and the only IPL I could find was Canadian website in French. Had a new Poulan pusher a few years back that I had to call Husqvarna. The tech had to put me on hold while she jumped into the elevator to go to the basement to pull the build sheet to get the parts numbers. She was on the 5th floor and this was in July with a product built in March

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
I had a husky woth a smapped drive cable. Had to jump through some hoops to find the right one. First one i ordered was too short but looked just like the correct one. I forget which website parts list had the correct number for the cable. All other showed the wrong number.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
@StarTech I have times where the OEM doesn't even have the IPL for their own products. Had push mower that I was needing a part for and the only IPL I could find was Canadian website in French. Had a new Poulan pusher a few years back that I had to call Husqvarna. The tech had to put me on hold while she jumped into the elevator to go to the basement to pull the build sheet to get the parts numbers. She was on the 5th floor and this was in July with a product built in March
Sound like the time I had to use a Russian IPL for a chainsaw, at least it was translatable at the time.

And it is nice that translation programs are available.
I had a husky woth a smapped drive cable. Had to jump through some hoops to find the right one. First one i ordered was too short but looked just like the correct one. I forget which website parts list had the correct number for the cable. All other showed the wrong number.
The OP had the right idea of searching the number on the cable and that works most times but not in this case for some reason.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sound like the time I had to use a Russian IPL for a chainsaw, at least it was translatable at the time.

And it is nice that translation programs are available.

The OP had the right idea of searching the number on the cable and that works most times but not in this case for some reason.
Checked the Husqvarna dealer site and the original cable embossed number comes back to a cable, drive with no IPL's or other info linked to it. May be an internal factory build part number.

oliver_cfc

Threads
Thanks for all the responses... nothing is ever easy :)

kjonxx

Threads
Hello All,
The drive cable on my self-propelled mower snapped and I'm having trouble finding the part number for a replacement

It's a 2019 Husqvarna LC221RH with model number 961450032 00

The snapped cable has this PN embossed on the side: 589813204E 2758W

I found a parts list for "LC221RH, 96145003200, 2016-09" and it shows '587 42 11-02' as the replacement but the end that connects to the control handle is rather different and it doesn't fit in the handle chassis right (the screw part is wider and the nut that should sit in a slot so you can adjust the speed doesn't fit.)
I'm wondering if that is for 2009-->2016 models and the years are backwards to what I'd expect.

Searching for the snapped PN (589813204E) in google isn't much help.

Anyone know what I need to buy to get this thing back moving?

Thanks
This is all I could find so far

Husqvarna 589813207 Drive Cable 21 Eff Dual Trigger, sears parts direct shows parts view for that model but nothing on cable Number 18.​