Husqvarna hu700f shut-off valve

mikehouse

Threads
I acquired this mower about 3 months ago (March 2020) after it had sat for about 2 years.Cleaned the carb,changed the oil,new filter,etc,Runs like a top.I at first didn't know about the shut off valve or what it was for until i saw som Youtube vids,now i know.I tried using mine,but the mower didn't stop running.I let it run for a while,but it hadn't shut off.I know i personally will use all the fuel in it before storing it.So no problems there.
So what i'd like to know is,is the shut off immediate or does it in fact take a while to shut off? Also,thinking of using no-eth gas from now on.Does anyone know which one i should use in her? 87,89 or 91?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Most engines will idle about 3 minutes with the valve off, then use up what's left in the bowl and die... I would pull the Line off where it is spliced in , and turn it off and see if it stops fuel flow.
No ethanol gas is a EXCELLENT idea.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
BTW, if this model uses the Honda GCV 160 OR 190, HONDA says to use 86 octane or higher.

mikehouse

Threads
Thanks for the info.Now what of that octane? 86 regular.But what about no ethanol? Wouldn't it be a difference between the 2,86 reg as opposed to 86 no ethanol?