Husqvarna cth191 engine issue

Danzaitoun

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi
I have an husqvarna cth191 mowner
I have an engine problem that when trying to start the engine the engine is turn 1.5 turns and than get stucks because of high compression
Any ideas ?

Im also thinking of replacing the engine and its a courage 19 engine
What the options for replacing the motor?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Since the 19 hp courage was made in both a single and V-twin we really need to have the actual model number from the engine tag. Most likely it is just the valves out of adjustment and an adjustment may fix your issue. But the single Courage can have other issues which can lead to major problems. And changing to another brand of engine most likely will require changes to the wiring, and will require a new or highly modified exhaust to make it work.

Danzaitoun

Forum Newbie
Threads
Since the 19 hp courage was made in both a single and V-twin we really need to have the actual model number from the engine tag. Most likely it is just the valves out of adjustment and an adjustment may fix your issue. But the single Courage can have other issues which can lead to major problems. And changing to another brand of engine most likely will require changes to the wiring, and will require a new or highly modified exhaust to make it work.
Thatnks for the replay
The engine is a single piston
I tried to adjjast the valves but without luck

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
If the valves are adjusted correctly then they usually points to an issue with the compression release on the camshaft. On that engine the mechanism and spring can be replaced without replacing the camshaft. Need to remove the blower housing and the flywheel and other things attached to the top of the engine so you can remove the top cover. Just make sure to locktite the cover bolts when replacing the cover since the front few bolts over the cylinder like to come loose and end in what has been referred to as the Kohler or Courage crack.

Danzaitoun

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks!
Can u give me more info about the compression release mechnisem?
Where its located?

Danzaitoun

Forum Newbie
Threads
ok, cool
This happened after I disassembled the engine I may made a mistake here. is there any video to check that it's put right?
Also, I must be honest that in diagram part 30 the pin in my engine was broken and I did;t replaced it(I live in Israel and its hard to get parts )