Husqvarna 350 fuel shutoff valve location?

SmallEngineRepair

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm doing some troubleshooting on my Husqvarna 350. Trying to see if fuel is getting into the carburetor from the hose, where is the fuel valve or how can I test this?
The spark is good and I put a new carburetor on, but the saw still won't run. It ran well last week for 30 minutes, but I tried to start it again and it hasn't worked. Strange.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I doubt if it has a fuel shutoff valve. Replace the fuel lines if they're stiff or cracked. Replace fuel filter. Put the old carb back on and give it a try. This is a good time to replace the air filter if it hasn't been replaced recently. Return the new carb for credit, if you can.

If it still won't start, replace the old carb with the new one.

SmallEngineRepair

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can try putting the old carburetor on but it wasn't working before. Really stumped with this one. The fuel line looked in decent condition.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Assuming you are referring to either a chainsaw or backpack blower.

Have you gone through the compression and pressure/vac tests? Have you check the cylinder for scoring?

When you installed the new carburetor did you tune the carburetor?

SmallEngineRepair

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm talking about the chainsaw. I have not done a compression test yet, but that is on my radar. I've tried to eyeball the cylinder, I don't see scoring but some light carbon buildup. I did not tune the new carb. Also to note is even with starting fluid I can't get one bark out of the engine.
This is also strange, because I used it for about 30 minutes started second pull, but now won't start at all.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I'm talking about the chainsaw. I did not tune the new carb. Also to note is even with starting fluid I can't get one bark out of the engine.
This is also strange, because I used it for about 30 minutes started second pull, but now won't start at all.

Not good.. You may ran the saw too lean and did cylinder damage or have a struck ring.

Idle speed needed to tune for best speed and then 1/8-1/4 richer. High speed need to set where it was had a slight 4 cycle sound when not loaded; otherwords, a little rich too.

BTW there is no fuel shut off on these saws

Last edited:

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I can try putting the old carburetor on but it wasn't working before. Really stumped with this one. The fuel line looked in decent condition.
The old carburetor was working for 30 minutes. I doubt if it suddenly gave up the ghost. It is probably not GETTING any fuel to to send the engine and it sounds like the new carb isn't either.

What happens when you dribble a SMALL amount of fuel into the carburetor throat? Will it fire? Also, how does the spark plug look?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The old carburetor was working for 30 minutes. I doubt if it suddenly gave up the ghost. It is probably not GETTING any fuel to to send the engine and it sounds like the new carb isn't either.

What happens when you dribble a SMALL amount of fuel into the carburetor throat? Will it fire? Also, how does the spark plug look?
Read post #5...Will not even hit on starter fluid.

SmallEngineRepair

Forum Newbie
Threads
The spark is good I've tested it. I will try setting a base tune on the carb, and fully removing the fuel line. What would you set it at to try starting?

Last edited: