Husky YTH18245

Pochie

Threads
My 2018 Husky has performed very well since purchasing it new. Model: 960450059. In April of this year I noticed my exhaust front shield was hanging down on the left side. I put a new bolt/washer/lock nut on.
Yesterday (Sept. 28th) I noticed the bolt and hardware had fallen out and it was hanging again. The hole in the shield had cracked and part was gone so a new bolt cannot be fit in to secure that side. I got online and wanted to order a new shield but the pictures all show 'wings' with a hole at the top of the shield. The original one does not have 'wings' with holes but has two holes that aligned with the brace holes one on each side. I went to Lowe's today and looked at how the shield was installed. I never really looked when I re-attached it with the first break. I put the bottom of the shield on top of the axle and the two ends go under the axle. I couldn't get the bolts in as they were now not even close to aligning. So I wired it up tight on both sides. NOW the hood will not open fully like before as it is hitting the top of the shield even thought the bottom/back of the shield is sitting like the one at Lowe's. I can live with that but am wondering if any of you have a 2013 or so and is that how they are attached? My is a 18.5hp YTH18245....unless I mixed up the numbers. I am afraid to buy a new shield even though my part # is the same as the one I'm looking at. I am afraid it won't fit my bracked with the 'wings' showing. Any advice appreciated.
Pochie

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
First a two questions, do you have a model year 2013 or 2018? You’ve posted both years. Second, please double check the model number you posted, as I’m not finding the one you posted. In my searching with the info you provided, years 2004-2017, used the same heat shield, part number 532439870.

Pochie

Threads
First a two questions, do you have a model year 2013 or 2018? You’ve posted both years. Second, please double check the model number you posted, as I’m not finding the one you posted. In my searching with the info you provided, years 2004-2017, used the same heat shield, part number 532439870.
My mistake...I purchased in 2018. Is there a different shield # for the 2018 model then? I'll have to locate my manual. May have copied incorrect data. Will get back soon. Thanks.

Pochie

Threads
Wow! How embarrassing! My mower # is YTH8542. I never thought I was dyslexic but I do find myself now at 73 reversing some numbers...I always check many times but this was 5 years ago! Oh well, Thanks for bringing it to my attention. I looked at your diagram and online manual and 532439870 should fit my 2018. I am just concerned about the 'wings' in the photos on the ones I am looking at for sale. Also, I wish they would show the shield for sale with the top UP instead of DOWN. I've mowed 2 hours so far with my wired up shield and it is still very tight.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
You mean something like these pics.
1664497894977.png
1664497929289.png
1664497979319.png

Pochie

Threads
Yes! I see the 'wings' are now where they attach to the frame and the ad pictures didn't present the shield correctly. I think mine is bent up and that is why it sets too high and hits the hood when opening. At least now I can order a new one when mine finally falls off again.
Thanks so much and enjoy your day! Thanks again Star Tech.