Huskee mower drive belt configuration

Rob1977

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an old Huskee riding mower. 13AQ698G131 (2001) I removed the old drive belt and cant remember the configuration to put the new belt back on. I have searched all over the internet and no luck. I have looked at the parts diagrams and user manual and it doesn't show in detail how it goes on. Can anybody help me?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
One of them should be close. With an electric PTO I’m betting you have an engine pulley, two blade pulleys and one or two tensioner pulleys. If I’m right, install the belt on the engine pulley and the two blade pulleys. Now look at the tensioner pulleys. A Vee pulley will accept the Vee side or inside of the belt will ride in there and with a flat pulley the back side of the belt will ride there. Post back if you have more questions and include pic of the pulleys if you can.

Rob1977

Forum Newbie
Threads
I attached a picture. Your correct, I have the engine pulley and a pulley on the transmission. Then I have these two pictured that are in the middle. This picture is taken looking down right in front of the seat where the park brake is. You can see I have the belt either side. What I cant remember is how to connect the belt to these pulleys. The one with the spring has the flat larger pulley, the other pulley I think is what you call A vee pulley. Any help you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• pulleys4.jpg
    pulleys4.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 9

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
You have it sort of correct.
the right side run on the belt needs to be moved to the left after the V pulley so the back on it runs against the flat pulley.
To so this the parking brake must be set to allow slack in the belt.
If there is a belt keeper on the flat pulley ( can't quite see clearly ) you might need to loosen the bolt so you can get the belt between the pulley & the keeper.
Sme times you need to pull the entire flat pulley back further or take the spring off the anchor point on the frame to get enough slack.

Rob1977

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is this how it is meant to go? Also the belt is pulling the rear pulley that has the spring attached upwards, it wont sit flat

Attachments

• pulley6.jpg
    pulley6.jpg
    740.1 KB · Views: 10

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is the right routing
The tension arm is worn out and the hole is ovalled which is why it does that
It should be lubricated with spray grease every season.
Note the pattern of rust around the pivot bolt.
A lot more on one side then the other
It should be an available part as they are a service item that gets replaced periodically
The pivot bolt is probably worn as well

Rob1977

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is the right routing
The tension arm is worn out and the hole is ovalled which is why it does that
It should be lubricated with spray grease every season.
Note the pattern of rust around the pivot bolt.
A lot more on one side then the other
It should be an available part as they are a service item that gets replaced periodically
The pivot bolt is probably worn as well
I will order a new tension arm. THANK YOU!! so much for your help. I really appreciate it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Take the old one off first & check it
I am not familiar withthat particular mower but usually there will be other bits worn as well if nothing more than some heavy washers .