Ht56 C

1sp2

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had this saw for about 4 years and in the beginning of this year I was using it to cut some trees and it shuts off after using it for almost the whole day. There was still gas and oil in it when it died, so I left it and the next day I tried starting it but it'll start then boggles down and died. I cleaned the old carburetor, then adjust the carb, and tried starting it and again it'll start but boggles and died, but it'll stay on as long as i hold the trigger, but as soon as i left off the trigger the pole saw just dies. Next, I replaced the carburetor, spark plug, but it does the same, boggles and die, then i replaced the ignition coil, fuel lines, and fuel filter, but even then it didn't work. I also notice that if i come the next day the gas in the primer bulb is gone and when I remove the cover I can see gas leaks, but this was before i replace the fuel lines. So what's causing it to not start or stay running since i replaced most parts? I also made sure that every parts are tighten and I also forgot to mention that the spark arrestor screen was removed, but the pole saw still don't work.

Last edited:

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Does the chain turn while cranking/starting?

1sp2

Forum Newbie
Threads
No and i don't think it ever does since i got it

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
remove the muffler and see if it works fine
As you had been using it all day chances are carbon has built up on the spark arrestor screen & is choking the engine
Carbon can also build up in the exhaust port on the cylinder which also chokes the engine because the exhaust can't get out .
This happens vary quickly if you run a mix with too much oil in it .

1sp2

Forum Newbie
Threads
Oh yes and I also removed the spark arrestor and it still didn't work but I'll try removing the muffler.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Remember what the muffler is for
They are VERY loud without it and the noise pulses can be painful.
while the muffler is off have a peep inside the cylinder ( as if you wouldn't ) and look for scoring of the bore and in particular for damage to the rings

1sp2

Forum Newbie
Threads
When i was taking out the carburetor i had already peeked in to look at the cylinder and ring on both sides and both looks fine (cylinder has normal scratches). Today, i tried starting the saw without the muffler, but it starts then dies.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Have you even bother to tune the carburetor? New Stihl carburetors are only tuned to will start condition.