HRX217HYA is sold out EVERY WHERE

Bob9000

Forum Newbie
Threads
I mow lawns professionally and i use the HRX217HYA to mow (i don't use the commercial hondas because i actually think they are worse than the HRX models, and i hate the steel body, it becomes frail after a lot of use, and also my vehicle I use to transport my equipment has a big roof on it and i need the lawn-mower handle to collapse down, which the commercial lawn-mowers don't do very easily)...

so but, I can't find the HRX217HYA ANY WHERE.. Even the HRX217HZA is sold out every where too! What is going on??? Literally every place i check is out of stock. home depot, lowe's, local places, even amazon (which i hate) is out of stock.. I've checked with other cities next to me, even 100 miles away, and literally every where is out of stock. Is honda not making these or what?

What is really going on here? I need the hydrostatic version because i don't want to have to change drive-belts..

Does any one have any clue why this is happening? Or where I can even get one? I just don't understand it. Only a few years ago I was able to find them easily in my city. Now it is no where to be seen even though on the honda website it is still shown as the newest version of the hydrostatic lawn-mowers.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The trade frackar with China + covid - 19 has drastically reduced exports out of China to the USA.
Nothing is actually made in the USA ( or OZ ) any more , they are just assembled locally from parts bought in from 3rd world countries .
Add to that local disruption due to Covid restrictions and you have a short fall in supply .
Down here there are no mowers or ride ons available except from JD , TORO & Walker .
These companies keep big inventories.
Every one else has no floor stock to reduce overheads and increase the KPI ( profit:equity ratio ) that executives use to determine their bonuses .

Bob9000

Forum Newbie
Threads
well that sucks.. Thank you for your help though, that makes a lot of sense now.. I wonder how long it is going to be until inventory gets back to even remotely normal again..

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
GIve the old mowers a good service, put in your order & wait.
I doubt that it will get back to normal this season .
I ordered a discharge chute cover in October, still on back order.
A B & S blower housing took 5 months to show up
About 1/3 the inventory of my wholesale suppliers shows up as 0 stock

trekgod3

Threads
That's odd. I'm in south Florida and most of the local home depot and Lowe's show stock availability for pick up today

enigma-2

Threads
I had a simular problem when I decided to buy a Honda couple of weeks ago. Wife wanted electric start, went to dealer and he only had one in stock. One! HRX217K6VLA. Electric start. Asked when he got his next shipment and he was told by Honda it will be next year.

What he told me was when line personnel in North Carolina plant suspect they were exposed to covid19 they are required to get tested and wait two weeks, before returning to work. The union contract requires they continue to get paid. So after two weeks they get "exposed" again. Hardly anyone is working.

Some parts are getting off the boat from China now. I just ordered a battery charger for the new mower from Lowe's and its being being delivered tomorrow! Sold out nationwide and they didn't have any as of last Monday. But no mowers - for the rest of the year according to local dealer.

Check Craigslist.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Every home cheapo I've been in has those disposable plastic mowers.

slomo

Buster7

Forum Newbie
Threads
I checked with every Kentucky dealer from the Mississippi River to Lexington and could not find one. Apparently dealers have been put on an allocation system. One mid-size dealer told me he does not expect any before the end of July. I did find one in a Canadian warehouse and they agreed to ship it for free and also came off the list price. Seems mower stock is not quite as picked over the further north you go.

bibeaud

Forum Newbie
Threads
My local dealer in Bethlehem PA stated end of July the earliest; however it could also be next year.

I did find an elusive HZA model from Mowers Direct available. I know these were also unavailable all year from every dealer I contacted online and in NJ/PA. Do not know where these came from (newly manufactured or found old inventory). They still have some listed for the regular price of $879.

enigma-2

Threads
When I started looking for my Honda in May, there were several sites listing Honda's for sale. But once you try to buy, I got the standard message that was on back order. Called and was told late fall to next spring.

Not just mowers either. Parts are also hard to get (unless dealer has stock.) Local told me he was waiting on parts "if they could get on boat". Guess there's a shortage of shipping containers or boats. They are moving, but not close to what we were used to.

Put your name on list with several dealers.

Local Lowe's told me they were only going to stock cheaper models. Asked about ordering online and having delivered to store. He told me to expect a long wait, year or more. He said that he hadn't seen an expensive model (I was asking about electric start) in three years that he had been working there.