HRS2166PKC - Honda push mower (new) / mowing hills / leaking some gas

levesqueonline

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / HRS2166PKC - Honda push mower (new) / mowing hills / leaking some gas
Hey there, I had a few questions around this new mower. Since I got it I notice it sputters when I'm mowing steep hills, and I think I've seen some gas coming out the side with air filter after. Can this mower not mow steep hills for some weird design issue?

also (not related directly) but this thing always has a ton of grass underneath so i need to clean it after every mow. how exactly should I tip it over to clean safely ?

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Sounds to me like the angle of incline is too great to cut up and down. If you mower across the hill, not up and down, does the unit run properly? If so the angle of the hill is causing the problem and there is no fix for your problem. If it still runs rough going across and is a new mower, I would let a Honda dealer repair the unit under warranty. Heavy buildup of grass is normally caused by trying to cut the grass when it is too high, especially when mulching.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Steep slopes are the domain of 2 stroke engines or electric mowers.
I have sold dozens of reconditioned 2 stroke to my customers because the steep slopes have been killing their engines.
To a one they had forgotten just how well the 2 strokes cut and how easy they start when maintained properly .
In the US there should be no problem finding a good used a Lawn Boy 2 stroke
A Toro with the Suzuki engine is way better but they were top line mowers in their day so not as many kicking around the used market.
USe a quality fully synthetic ashless 2 stroke oil and there will be no of the smoke that used to happen when you used engine oil mixed into the fuel .