HRA216 SXA Shop Manual

Ryopilot

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,

I have an HRA216 SXA mower with 2 speed transmission. Turtle or Rabbit!

Case showed a small fluid leak so I cleaned the area and I am ready to add fluid.

1. What fluid do I add? I have not gotten a definitive answer, Hypoid grease or hydrostatic fluid?
2. Can someone with the shop manual for the HRA216 SXA attach the couple pages with the transmission servicing info procedure?

Appreciate all the help and advice.

Ryo

Chris Parman

Threads
Ryopilot: I would rebuild it. It's similar to the two speed transmission that's on a HR214. I rebuilt mine and it's not that tough. I used Lucas 80W-90 gear oil. Just look up the parts/diagram on boats.net and buy all the seals. Make sure you measure all the original seals and don't throw them away. Take pictures of the internals before disassembly and note where all the parts go. Wire wheel the shit out of the long shaft and short shaft. Message me 1:1 if you run into trouble because I have already done this rebuild. If you absolutely have to have the Shop manual send my the VIN number. You might have to buy the actual Honda Shop manual. This is probably what you have based on the MACR number -> https://www.hondalawnparts.com/oemparts/a/hpe/505ce430f870022d24bdbf76/transmission-case. You will need a total of 6 parts (all seals) two are shaft seals, 3 are individual seals and one is the case seal. Total volume is 130cc of gear oil (dry case).

Last edited: