HRA215 anyway to make a side chute?

radec

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,
I just picked up an HRA215 for free. Run good, needs a little work on the blade engagement clutch. It has no bag, and seems to bog down easy in tall grass because there is no where for the grass to go. is there any kind of side discharge modification that works? or a discharge attachment in the back of the mower? Thanks!!

also i've been trying to do some searching but havent found anything. what is the difference between the HR and HRA models? thanks again!

dfbrown

Threads
Hi all,
I just picked up an HRA215 for free. Run good, needs a little work on the blade engagement clutch. It has no bag, and seems to bog down easy in tall grass because there is no where for the grass to go. is there any kind of side discharge modification that works? or a discharge attachment in the back of the mower? Thanks!!

also i've been trying to do some searching but havent found anything. what is the difference between the HR and HRA models? thanks again!
Hi. I just looked it up on partstree.com. You need to double check your serial number when looking up parts and ordering but a rear side discharge chute looks to still be available. $57.38. Make sure blade is sharp and balanced. Those should bag and discharge well.
Only rear difference is a hr215 had a cast aluminum deck and a hra215 had a steel deck with 2 speed transmission lever down on the deck behind the engine. There are some other small things but that's kinda it. Good luck.

radec

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi. I just looked it up on partstree.com. You need to double check your serial number when looking up parts and ordering but a rear side discharge chute looks to still be available. $57.38. Make sure blade is sharp and balanced. Those should bag and discharge well.
Only rear difference is a hr215 had a cast aluminum deck and a hra215 had a steel deck with 2 speed transmission lever down on the deck behind the engine. There are some other small things but that's kinda it. Good luck.

awesome. thanks for link and info. guess I have to decide if I should put 60 bucks into the mower. Just got it today, I'll keep messing with it see what I think. It's got two blades on it, I'm guessing that's a mulching blade? or did they just come with two blades. I'm pretty new to all this.

dfbrown

Threads
awesome. thanks for link and info. guess I have to decide if I should put 60 bucks into the mower. Just got it today, I'll keep messing with it see what I think. It's got two blades on it, I'm guessing that's a mulching blade? or did they just come with two blades. I'm pretty new to all this.
They came with 1 blade from when new. The 2 blade yes was a mulching kit which included a extra blade and a mulch plug. If it runs good or in decent shape it’s a keeper. Built like a little tank. Good luck

radec

Forum Newbie
Threads
They came with 1 blade from when new. The 2 blade yes was a mulching kit which included a extra blade and a mulch plug. If it runs good or in decent shape it’s a keeper. Built like a little tank. Good luck

Great! thanks again. good info. I guess someone must of lost the mulch plug along the way somewhere. I found a rear side chute kit for pretty cheap and ordered it. Guess we'll see how it goes.